Nowadays, there are many ways to pass your time with some entertainment. Examples are reading, fishing, creating pieces from wood, and playing video games on PC. The latter is the most prevalent habit of toddlers to grown men; some older people also play games.
Today we’ll explain to you how to minimize a game on PC? Playing games on your computer not only kills your time but also helps you solve problem-solving skills. Here is the problem many people don’t know how to minimize their game without quitting the game to gain access to your PC for doing all other tasks.
Minimizing a game on pc depends on your computer operating system (OS). Mainly there are two operating systems used in computers: Microsoft Windows OS and Linux OS. These two have their fan base and key-map combinations for minimizing the game to desktops.
There are many ways to Minimize A Game On PC. while you are playing on your PC, and some methods are more popular than others. Here we’ll explain them in detail and tell you how to minimize the game step by step.
- Methods to minimize a game on Windows OS:
- (Method 1) Steps to minimize video games on desktops:
- (Method 2) Steps to minimize the game on PC:
- (Method 3) Steps to minimize the game on PC by using keys:
- Methods to minimize a game on Linux OS:
- (Method 1) Steps of using key combination:
- (Method 2) Steps to minimize the current application’s window:
- (Method 3) Steps to minimize a game by using six combination keys:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Methods to minimize a game on Windows OS:
Microsoft is the most famous operating system for computers at the moment on this planet. Developers have made many key combinations to perform different tasks, but minimizing the game during play can quickly be done with wide varieties. Among them below mentioned are significantly famous for this action.
In the gaming community, using two different keys on your keyboard is the most popular method to minimize the game. One key is “Alt,” and the second key is “Tab,” these both keys are significantly crucial on your keyboard. There are so many combinations that include both keys.
(Method 1) Steps to minimize video games on desktops:
Steps to minimize video games on desktops are as follows.
- You need to pause the game by pressing “ESC.” You’ll enter into the “Setting” menu of your game.
- Then you’ll need to press two keys simultaneously on your keyboard. These buttons include the left side of the “Alt” and “Tab” buttons on your keyboard.
- Once your game minimizes, you’ll see the desktop; the cursor will move around when you move your mouse. Now you can do all your other tasks using your PC.
The second most popular method to minimize the game on your PC is using the “windows symbol” key and “Tab.” This method performs like the method we mentioned above with the difference of usable keys on your keyboard. Instead of using the “Alt” button, you’ll need to press the “Windows symbol” key plus the “Tab” button on your keyboard.
(Method 2) Steps to minimize the game on PC:
- Press “ESC” while playing the game; that will pause the game & open the Settings menu of the game.
- Now you have to press the “Windows Symbol” key on your keyboard plus the “Tab” key. But it would be best if you pressed both keys simultaneously.
- Once your game is minimized, and you see your mouse cursor moving around, you’ll have complete control of your PC performing other tasks.
Another beneficial key combination, How to minimize the game on PC, is using keys “Alt” & “ESC.” Since we’ve two Alt keys on our standard keyboards, it doesn’t matter which Alt key you use to act minimizing the game.
(Method 3) Steps to minimize the game on PC by using keys:
- The foremost action to perform is to pause the game while playing is done by pressing the ESC key. This action will pause the game, and you’ll have a Setting screen for the game.
- It would be best to simultaneously press both “Alt & ESC” keys to minimize the game to the desktop screen.
- When you see the desktop, move your mouse cursor to see you’re in total control of your PC to perform other activities.
Methods to minimize a game on Linux OS:
Linux is another operating system for computers just like Microsoft Windows, and it is an open-source software to operate the computer. You can play games in this system like windows, but this system has different key combinations; How To Minimize A Game On Pc.
In Linux OS, the most popular key combination for, How To Minimize A Game On PC executes by three keys on the keyboard. These keys are “Ctrl,” “Super,” (windows symbol if you don’t know already), and “D.” As the result of using this key combination, you’ll find yourself on your desktop.
(Method 1) Steps of using key combination:
- First, press the “Esc” key to bring the game to the Pause menu.
- Next, you must press three keys simultaneously on your keyboard, i.e., Ctrl, Super, and D.
- When you see the desktop, make sure the game is minimized by moving cursors around.
Another key combination for the Linux-based operating system is using “Ctrl,’ “super,” and “Down arrow symbol” on the keyboard. Concerning that, the current application’s window will minimize to the desktop.
(Method 2) Steps to minimize the current application’s window:
- Bring in the pause menu of the game you’re playing by pressing the “Esc” button on the keyboard.
- Now press three keys simultaneously to perform to minimize the window of your current application, i.e., game. These buttons are “Ctrl,” “Super,” and “Down Arrow” on the keyboard.
- When you see the desktop move your mouse cursor around the desktop to ensure you have minimized the game.
Another key-map combination for, How To Minimize A Game On Pc is using key combinations that will bring out the TTY console in machines using Linux-based operating systems. These keys are “Ctrl,” “Alt,” and “F1~F6” (Function keys on the top line of buttons on the keyboard)
(Method 3) Steps to minimize a game by using six combination keys:
- When you pause the game on Linux based machine.
- After that, there are a total of six key combinations that use three keys simultaneously. For this reason, you’ll get these results,
- CTRL + ALT + F1 – – – Lockscreen.
- CTRL + ALT + F2 – – – Desktop.
- CTRL + ALT + F3 – – – TTY3.
- CTRL + ALT + F4 – – – TTY4.
- CTRL + ALT + F5 – – – TT5.
- CTRL + ALT + F6 – – – TTY6.
As you’ve seen in the above list, you’ll be on your computer’s desktop on the point B combination.
Also Read: Can a 60hz Laptop Support 144hz Monitor?
Frequently Asked Questions
Does The Computer Support The Minimizing Of The Game During Play?
Yes, all computer games can be minimized using the correct key combination on your keyboard.
Can You Minimize The Multiplayer Game Without Quitting The Game You Are Playing?
Online multiplayer games can be minimized using different combinations of keys to desktop, but as things go according to gaming servers. They will kick you out of the game when you’ll not return to the game after some time.
Do All Computer Operating Systems Have The Same Key-Map Combinations To Minimize The Game To Desktop?
The answer is, No, because different operating systems use different keyboard button combinations to do this task. Microsoft Windows has the most popular key combination of two keys. In contrast, Linux operating systems use three key combinations to minimize the game to desktop.
Also Read: Can a Monitor Cause a Game to Crash?
You can use a computer for multi-tasking, from using the browser to surf online to writing a document to playing a game. In contrast, playing a game requires minimizing the game to do a different task. For this reason, you should know, How To Minimize A Game On Pc, so you’ll be able to resume the game after completing the task at hand without quitting the game.
Every computer has a different operating system, from Microsoft to Linux. Furthermore, all these OS have other methods to minimize the games on PC. Nevertheless, you need to understand the correct vital combinations for reducing the game to get on the desktop.